Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Don't Let em See You Sweat!

You are nervous going out on your first date after having been thrust into this new state of being.  Although the excitement of having a date makes you blush every time you think about it, having to prepare for the date and what to say or do once you get there is making you sweat!

I have some do's and don'ts that I've compiled from various location along with my own personal thoughts as well.

On a first date, first you do want to be yourself.  If you try to be someone other than who you are, it will give him a false sense of who you are and you cannot keep up this performance forever.  So let him know who you are by being relaxed, but truly being who you are.  If he doesn't like who you are, at the end of the day, do you really want to be in a relationship with him?  I hope the answer is no.  Don't conform, be yourself.

Be a good listener.  You want to listen because the Holyspirit will be speaking as well while on your date.  You want to make sure that you hear clear direction from the Lord.  Sometimes you will not hear it right away, but somewhere through the conversation, you may hear something and God will speak to you and tell you, yes, no, wait, or run.

Try your very best to have fun.  Don't be so unguard that you don't have a good time.  Perhaps, somewhere during the outing, you may find that the Lord has told you, he's not the one, just enjoy your evening and end it as friends.  Have a good time.

Here are some don'ts with my two-cents added in.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not.  Don't pretend to be someone you know he wants when its not you.  Your acting performance will only end up in someone getting hurt in the long run.

Don't dismiss him for one minor infraction (such as being little late, talking with his mouth full).  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Don't write him off because his shoes don't match his pants.  There is a difference between the Holyspirit speaking to you about something and you tripping over something minor.  Get over yourself, you have minor issues too.  Give the man a chance.

Don't get angry if he's not a gentlemen or hints toward you going dutch.  Just know next time to say no if he asks you out again.  I would not go out with a man who is not a gentlemen.  Some say chivalry is dead, but it's alive and well in my life.  So, yes open my door for me, I love it. 

Don't leave him hanging wondering if you like him or not.  That is so not cool.  I'm not saying behave improperly or unlady like.  There are small ways you can let him know that you are interested without compromising yourself in any way.  The way you smile at him or just saying you look forward to talking again soon.  Don't be pushy.  Oh, personally, I would not kiss him on the first date.  I'm just saying.  Earn the privilege.  

Don't invite him into your house for coffee!  No, mame, don't do it.  Drink your coffee at Starbucks.

Do wear something cute, but don't go looking like a for sale sign to your date.  I have seen so much low-class dressing at church of late, I can only imagine what one would wear out on a date, if some of things I see being worn to the house of God. Yall, don't get me started on that.

Don't give the milk away free.  Don't look at me, like you don't know what I'm talking about women of God.  First of all, you know the word.  Hold onto your virtue.  If he is the one, he's worth the wait.  If he's not, then you've compromised your standard and God's word for someone who has walked in your pasture without authorization.  No unauthorized entries.

Last, but not least, watch out for the spirit of manipulation.  It's alive and well and trying to work its way through all the single sisters in the church.

Be blessed women of God and don't let em see you sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment