Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

ASSIGNMENT OR SUITOR?

At some point, you will need to affirm why a particular relationship has formed.  For some of us who are in ministry, even can be confused at whether we have been sought after because it is a divine connection or something different.  My spiritual father some years back said something to me that I will never forget and at the time he was teaching me as a younger minister.  He was unmarried at the time and often was faced with many women within the church pursuing him.  But he realized something as God had pointed out to him.  "The anointing is meant to draw".  He would say so often, it's not me, it's the anointing.  He would say, I'm not a handsome man, don't have any money, so I can only draw one conclusion, that it is the God in me that they seek after.  The scripture confirms that very point as well. 

Jesus said if I be lifted up in the earth, I will draw all men unto me (Jn 12:32).  Being one who pursues God relentlessly in worship will have a two-fold affect.  It will not only draw God closer to you, but it will draw men closer to you.  They will pursue after the thing that they see in you that calls you to their attention.  The God in you is so prevalent that they come after it.  God has designed it so that men are indeed drawn to him.  They can only be drawn to him through us.  We are the vehicle that he uses to do the drawing.  I think, perhaps, sometimes we do forget that we are that vehicle.  Often at times, we will neglect to examine what's really going on within a specific relationship or connection.  Even sometimes our own selfishness or desires can create circumstances and complicate things so that the witness that we could have had and shared is ruined because of our own desires to satisfy ourselves.

Truthfully, I cannot say that I haven't been there and that I've learned all that I need to on the subject.  We are certainly a work in progress, but God is faithful.  So I exhort you to step back and not go blindly into anything and consult the Lord before forming relationships with people.  Don't assume anything, because our flesh teaches us to be governed by it, but our spirit is who should be at command.

No comments:

Post a Comment