Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Monday, October 31, 2011

DEAL BREAKERS

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalms 37:4)

I was watching a television program and they were talking about the reasons some people have had difficulty connecting with someone of significance.  I thought it was so interesting because some of the reasons are things that I have heard many people fall right in line with. 

There are a lot of people that have long list of criteria that a man must meet before we are willing to even have a conversation with him.  Some of which are absolutely ridiculous.  I too, have been guilty of making such grandeur criteria that realistically cannot be obtained or measured up to.  Unfortunately, women live for years expecting God to give them something that their flesh desires and not really what their heart is longing for.

I find that there is a vast difference between what our flesh wants and what our heart desires.  The word desire means to wish or long for; crave; want. In other words there are things in our heart that our flesh could never satisfy.  Even if we got the fulfillment of that list we've created in our minds, most of it is not our heart, but more our fleshly desires.  I have had what my flesh wanted and it was not the will of God for my life.  I wasted time and my anointing trying to pour into someone who could never be who God purposed for me.  Our heart longs for what God wants for us, his passion, his fulfillment, his purpose.  Our flesh desires our passions, our purpose and our fulfillment.  When we delight ourselves in him and he begins to produce the manifestation of our hearts desire, we often reject what God sends to us because our flesh desires do not want what our heart wants. 

Example, have you ever had a friend who wanted a thug over a good decent man?  You wondered why in the world she would choose him and reject a good guy.  She didn't want what was good; she wanted what was appealing to her flesh.  We need to learn how to put away our list and examine ourselves to make sure that we understand ourselves and our real needs, what's really in our hearts.  What do we really want?  What is really going to make us happy?  Our hearts crave to be loved, appreciated, desired, and treated with respect and compassion.  Our hearts desire a man after God's own heart.  Our hearts desire someone who is aligned with the will of God and purpose of God.  We do not have the wisdom, unfortunately, many times to know that what we want is who God has sent because it failed somewhere in our list of long criteria or our "deal breakers" we send it back.

As I watched the television and listened to the ladies talk about how their men had to make over $100,000 be between 5'10" - 6'2" and weigh between 180-220 lbs, etc.  I said to myself we really do this.  We make it almost impossible for the Lord to bless us because we are foolish in our expectations.  It's as if we somehow come to a place where we think God is sugar Daddy and he's supposed to do tricks for us.  We've got too many dealbreakers and we have got to become open to what's really in our hearts and not in our flesh.  I'm not saying that reasonable expectations should be taken off the table, but unrealistic expectations should definitely be removed from this list of dealbreakers.

People have been coming your way, but you have rejected all potential suitors because they do not measure up to your expectations.  Perhaps your expectations are the problem and not the suitor.  Okay, you all are probably really mad at me now. But I just have to tell you the truth as the Lord gives it to me.

Delight yourself in him and when he sends you the desires of your heart, do not reject what he sends.  At the very least, ask the Lord is this my Boaz? Don’t let your dealbreakers keep you from walking into your blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment