Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

MISSED OPPORTUNITIES

I know some of you have thought probably more often than not about the many opportunities you may have missed in life.  Like if I had done this differently or if I had married him instead I would be in different circumstances right now.  Whatever the what if is and the thing you felt was a missed opportunity.  I've come to encouragement you today to tell you "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Rom 8:28).

The what ifs in our life are always going to be there.  But I tell you this if God had not ordained it to be so, then it would not have been.  The Lord orchestrated everything in your pathway to flow the way it has gone.  If he had not had his hand on you, you would not have the opportunity today to look back over your life and reminisce about the things you believe you should have done differently.  Your life is on the road that God designed for you to travel.  He propelled you into singleness so that you could be more effective to minister to those who are flowing in the same vein as you.  You could not preach, teach, or testify about how God has kept you, taken care of you, and been your husband unless you had walked down the same road of some of these other women.  It's really easy for a married woman to tell you to hold on and keep your legs closed when she doesn't have to, but when somebody like me tells you that, I'm first preaching to myself, then you.  If I tell you hold on and keep it on lock, it's because I have, I can, and I do.  I know that it can be done and that God will in fact keep you if it is your desire that he be your husband at this appointed time.

There is a reason for your singleness.  The things you deem as missed opportunities, are not missed opportunities.  They are birthed testimonies so that you can say that the Lord positioned you for such a time as this to walk out this journey so that you can bless somebody else's life in your singleness.  I know it might be hard to understand the whys of why am I not married.  I'm telling you don't allow the enemy to play pitipatty with your mind and let that be your focus.  Turn your focus to your kingdom assignment.  Turn your attention to the lover of your soul and not be focused on somebody loving on your body.  At the end of the day, the lover of your soul will always be there when those who said they would love your forever walk out the door.  If they didn't walk out some of them started loving on somebody else while they were loving on you too.  Let's just be real about it.  Some of them wasn't loving you all that well anyway.  So, the things you may deem as missed opportunities, are not what the Lord had planned for you.  You didn't miss an opportunity to be blessed, you missed an opportunity to be in a mess.  The same person that you thought you should have been with would not be the same person with you.  It's about God's timing, your season, and his purpose.  If it does not align with God's plan for you, then it was never your opportunity to begin with.

All things do work together for good for them who love God....they do! For them that are "the called" according to his purpose.  Are you the called?  Has God called you and set you apart for his purpose? Has the Lord called you into the beloved into sonship?  All things work together for good for them who love God! Keep loving on God and stay in position!

No comments:

Post a Comment