Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

WHEN THE CRYING STOPS

I am pursuaded today to share on this wise, that we consider ourselves when we are interacting with other people on a personal level.  I say that because often, we are very selfish in our emotional thinking. It's all about how we feel, what we want, and what will make us feel better. We care little for the other persons feelings or emotions. We would like to care, but in the moment it is normally about us.  As women, we often wear our emotions so plainly and loudly for everyone to see.  We have difficulty bringing our emotions into subjection with honoring instructions given by the Holyspirit. We have trouble distinguishing between what we feel and what God is saying. We get a little cloudy on that level.  It'd not intentional, but it happens more often than not and even to the most spiritual among us.  Those that believe that the Lord dines at their table on a regular basis and he doesn't visit anybody else house but theirs.  Well, it happens with these individuals too.  We get caught up in the emotion.  But God does not want us to base how we behave, how we respond, and how we interact with people on how we feel, but he wants us to be lead by the Spirit. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God (Rom 8:14).

Those who are led are his and know his voice.  John 10:27 says, "his sheep know his voice". I'm not saying that we don't know his voice.  I'm not saying that we are not connected or that we're not his sheep, but that we block.  We block with our tears, with our crying, with tantrums, we our fits.  We block God from giving us a word because we refuse to be women and revert to girls at leisure.  We block because we don't want to hear it. We block when we hear him just because. We block when he wants to give us wisdom on how to deal with people because it is more comfortable to do what we've always done instead of doing what he wants us to do.  Umm, that sounds so familiar to me. I believe I'll say amen.

The Holyspirit will never lead you contrary to God's word.  He is there to guide us and give us instruction.  In those times when we need to shut our mouths believe me he is telling us to shut up, but we refuse to do it simply because we would rather overrule and have our say.  I remember a time I was having a heated discussion with my former spouse and I was really young then and didn't really know when to shut up.  But as we were going back and forth I began to get more angry and just when I was at the boiling point something rose up in me.  I felt God cutting the spigot like you turn a faucet off in me.  In mid-sentence I stopped talking.  My former spouse didn't know what happened, but I sensed God in me shutting it down and cutting me off.  I shut up immediately.  I knew whatever it was I wanted to say was not important enough for me to continue with that conversation and it was going nowhere.  I learned from that day to listen a little more closely and not be so eager to say everything I thought I was big enough to say.

The Spirit of God is manifested through love and we know that the Spirit of God does not behave himself unseemly.  He is longsuffering, not puffed up, doesn't envy, does not provoke, thinks no evil, bears all, believes all, and endures all (I Cor 13:4-7).  He is sensitive to the voice of God.  So, when the crying stops and we come down from our moment of non-clarity it is at that time we need to fall back on who we really are, whose we really are, and whom we represent.  It is at that very moment that we should embrace the God in us and put our ear on the mouth of God to get clarity.  We were not created to be out of control and side tracked by foolishness, foolish behavior, and ungodly conversation.  God adopted us as sons through Christ Jesus to the praise of his glory (Eph 1:5-6)

I've got mad love for my sisters but I have to keep it real, we really can act a fool.  It's like we don't even know when we have something good we do stupid things to mess it up for no reason.  If we do not learn to guard our tongues and be disciplined in our emotion we will never be able to have a lasting relationship with anyone.  Did you hear me?  Stop hearing so much stuff that's not being said or done. We create problems then elevate them to 100th degree out of the blue. When we stop crying about nothing and put some real prayer on ourselves (yes ourselves) so that God can take some of that bitterness, hurt, abandonment issues, insecurity, (the list goes on) out of us, we are NOT ready for any kind of relationship.  Your life does not begin with having someone in it anyway.  Your happiness is not going to come from having someone else in it. We are complete in HIM (Col 2:10).  The amplified says we have been brought to fullness.  Meaning, there was something lacking in us prior to but having received Christ we are no longer lacking, but have been made whole.  So, there are no parts of us that are missing because singleness. There is nothing lacking in us because we don't have a man. 

What am I saying? When the crying stops and when we stop doing us, we need to realize that if we do not start doing God we will never be the "woman" that God intends for us to be. There is a woman in there that God designed before the foundation that we should walk in to do what he purposed.  Our greatest enemy to our purpose is ourselves. We do not allow ourselves to be what God planned for us. We sabotage his works with our constant moments of non-clarity from tantrums. If we can get past the emotion and engage in the Spirit it will greatly benefit every area of our lives. I cannot say this enough. We often want to put so much focus on the "things" we do not have instead of focusing on what God put in us. Our first purpose is to be his daughters.  Set your effections on things above and all these other things will be added (Col 3:2). Guard your heart, bridle your tongue, listen to God and when HE speaks - then you talk......

No comments:

Post a Comment