Welcome Wonderful Single Women!

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I've got some good things to share with you. I hope you're ready for the truth because that's all you'll find here. It's time to be real and find out some real answers for real women.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Work It Girl

Psalms 139:14-17
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

I know some of you have probably over the years been to these churches that have times where they site acclamations about their bibles, etc.  If you attend one of those churches, I'm not speaking against it, I'm just using that as a reference.  We make acclamations about many things, but then we walk in our own personal lives with low self-esteem about how we view ourselves.  I want you and us to believe what God says about us and live by what he says about us.

I looked at Psalms 139 which speaks of how David proclaimed that God had done a marvellous thing when he made him.  There is nothing not wonderful in the works of the Lord.  He says "I am fearfully and wonderfully made and marvellous are your works!  Then he continues to say, that he knows it.  I declare you have got to know that you got it going on because you are the workmanship of God.  God does not construct and put together something that is inferior, incapable, unworthy, less than, or any other negative adjectives that you can come up with.  His works are all together lovely, yes they are.

The woe is me thing, dismiss that as a thing of the past.  For the Lord views you with exceeding great thoughts.  David continued, How precious are your thoughts toward me, O God and then he said those particular precious thoughts are many.  We know that God loves us all with great love and there are no favorites in him.  If the Lord's thoughts toward David were such, certainly the same could be said about me and you. 

If you are like me in any way, I know you have probably been in relationships where you got talked down to, criticized even, shamed, ridiculed, and made to feel less than who you really are.  Even if you were never spoken to inappropriately sometimes broken relationships can leave you feeling that way.  I know I've been there left trying to figure out what went wrong because you thought every thing was good, so you're left with it must be or something I did or said.  Even in all that, it is not what people say or don't say about us that is the final word on who we are.  It is what God says about us.  If we will not believe God for what he says about us, then we are at a place where we can't be helped or brought up in our thinking.  We receive his word by faith and must be assured that his word is valid and it is the same word that caused us to receive salvation.  That same faith that it took us to receive a God that we've never seen is what its going to take for us to receive what God says about us and affirm in our spirit that it is true.  If you can receive what you can't see, then you can receive again what you can't feel.  Do you get what I'm saying to you?  You don't see God, but yet you believe and you don't feel wonderful but yet you must believe that as well.  If his word is sure in one area, it certainly is sure in all.

Do not play the victim to those who would contradict what God says about you.  Do not feed into the lies and allow yourself to be manipulated by the works of the enemy who devised a plan to delude your mind into believing you are less than who God says your are.  The bottom line all of that comes from the enemy not the people themselves.  The enemy wants you to believe these things so he uses people to make his points.  but you are the head and not the tail, you are above and never beneath (Deut 28:13).  You are created in his image and after his likeness (Gen 1:27).  What God has made and done is a wonderful thing.  Bless his name!

Now that you know what you're working with, you need to learn to make what you're working with, work for you.  I may not be Iman or Tyra, but I'm who God made me and I will work with what God gave me to work with.  You remember when Whitney Houston said, "I'm every woman", I believe its because you can be the woman that you want to be.  The woman that you want to be is the woman who God created you to be.  If you want to be a "hot mess", you can be that.  Oh, yes you can.  And if you want to be wonderful like God made you, then you can be that too!

So work it girl, with your hair, your nails, and your shoes, your attitude, and your demeanor.  Walk this walk of faith declaring with all certainty that you are the precious queen that God created you to be.  Know that you are the creation of the almighty and represent him well in all things.  Know that it is not vanity to respect the masters handiwork.  You are God's design.  He took pleasure in creating you.  He took time in crafting you.  He specifically made you in his likeness. He was particular in how he constructed every part of you.  There is nothing in you that begs to be improved!  You are God's finest creation.  When the Lord looked at all the work he had done upon creation, he exclaimed it is good!  You are valuable.  Everything about you is excellent.  Celebrate the gift that you are and work it Girl!

Signed Fierce and I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment